Timken Museum of Art
It’s so easy to recommend Absolutely Electric, Inc. for any lighting project. The difficult part is knowing where to start. There are many hurdles to negotiate when upgrading the lighting in a painting museum. The proper color and illumination is dreadfully important, and our museum was specifically built to take advantage of the natural sunlight. Travis Nixon has a wealth of knowledge of both the science of light waves, and the anatomy of human optics, and helped us achieve our main goal of presenting our masterpieces in the best possible conditions.
The Timken Museum of Art project was a utility program funded lighting and controls retrofit of the iconic Balboa Park Museum that not only improved the overall focal lighting pallet, but also cut operating costs drastically. Through the sophisticated lighting control system linked with the HVAC Controls (provided by Jackson & Blanc), The Timken is in process of setting up Automated Demand Response with the local utility and is now able to offer lending museums “report cards” which detail exact site conditions and allows curatorial staff to make informed decisions of artifact cycle scheduling.
- Lighting quality dramatically improved
- Lighting and control gentler on artifacts
- Lighting control facilitates exhibit cycles
- 77,500+kWh of usage reduced annually
- Equal to a 39kW (1550sq ft) solar system
- Offsets 50 metric tons of CO2 annually
- Equal to 10 homes annual electrical use
- Equal to 1938 trees ability to process CO2
- 7,750+kWh of HVAC cooling offset annually
A stunning collection…