San Diego History Center
Our museum was sorely lacking in lighting. Budget limitations prevented us from upgrading our system but Travis and his team came up with an affordable, phased in plan that allowed us the capability to get up to industry speed without breaking the bank. Absolutely Electric, Inc. has been servicing our lighting needs ever since and they have continually identified solutions to many of our issues always coming through on time and on budget. I would recommend them to anyone.
Marketing/Exhibitions Director, San Diego History Center
In 2011, Absolutely Electric Inc., in cooperation with Balboa Park Cultural Partnership and Balboa Art Conservation Center designed and built Balboa Park’s first all LED museum gallery retrofit. AE and BACC fully explored implications of what was then a new lighting source and through research and development ended up with a lighting and controls strategy that has since been shared with other museum professionals at multiple museum conferences.
Learn more about this project from a case study produced by Sylvania
- Lighting quality dramatically improved
- Lighting sources gentler on artifacts
- Lighting control facilitates exhibit cycles
- 70,000+kWh of usage reduced annually
- Equal to a 35kW (3000sg ft) solar system
- Offsets 44 metric tons of CO2 annually
- Equal to 9 homes? annual electrical use
- Equal to 1,760 trees? ability to process CO2
- 7,000+kWh of HVAC cooling offset annually