San Diego Central Library
Travis and Absolutely Electric, Inc. played a key role in my work at the Art Gallery for the San Diego New Central Library. As the deadline for the opening exhibition loomed, we discovered that the lighting specified for this significant public space was inadequate and outdated. I contacted Travis to come out and suggest ways that the library could “go LED” and stay within our budget and design intent. Travis prepared a game plan that met ALL of our criteria. His team made precise and expert adjustment to our track system to optimize light coverage and our show opened without a hitch. For depth of knowledge, precision of execution and a positive experience-we heartily recommend Absolutely Electric, absolutely!
David Jurist Construction
City of San Diego, Art Technician
Called in a mere weeks before the grand opening for an emergency redesign of the San Diego Central Library Gallery space, Absolutely Electric Inc. worked with the San Diego Commission on Arts and Culture, equipment manufacturers and project contractors to quickly pull together an energy efficient solution that provides exemplary lighting for artwork displayed in downtown San Diego’s newest destination.
- Lighting quality dramatically improved
- Lighting control facilitates events
- 7,500+kWh of usage reduced annually
- Equal to a 4kW (325sq ft) solar system
- Offsets 5 metric tons of CO2 annually
- Equal to 1 homes annual electrical use
- Equal to 187 trees ability to process CO2
- 750+kWh of HVAC cooling offset annually