Museum of Photographic Arts
MOPA has relied on Absolutely Electric, Inc. for more than six years now, and over that period, they’ve never let us down. During our recent $1.3 million renovation, Mr. Nixon and his crew provided their usual outstanding service and expertise on a job that had tight deadlines and no room for error. They have also specified and installed LED replacement products for our Theater and Gallery spaces, which all together has resulted in an increase in lighting flexibility and a decrease in power consumption. AE can always be counted on to come through on time and on budget. My highest recommendation!
Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, CA
In a multi-phase approach over four years, Absolutely Electric Inc. has helped guide MOPA through energy efficient lighting and controls retrofits to the point where all the MOPA Theatre (with CSR Theatrical Design), Galleries, and as of 2015 (in concert with Gensler San Diego and Johnson & Jennings) the retail, entry, and new gallery spaces now offer low cost to operate sophisticated artifact viewing and event lighting sources and controls. MOPA lighting controls, designed and built by Absolutely Electric Inc., fully complied with California Title 24 2013 (implemented in 2014) Standards as early as 2011.
- Lighting sources gentler to artifacts
- Lighting control facilitates events
- Lighting control facilitates exhibit cycles
- 64,250+kWh of usage reduced annually
- Equal to a 32kW(2,500sq ft) solar system
- Offsets 43 metric tons of CO2 annually
- Equal to 8 homes annual electrical use
- Equal to 1,606 trees ability to process CO2
- 6,400+kWh of HVAC cooling offset annually