Casa de Balboa
As a high profile park and public institution, Casa De Balboa, along with Balboa Park, has created the goal to establish Balboa Park as an exemplary model of sustainability and energy efficiency for museums and parks around the globe. Absolutely Electric, Inc. has played a key role in helping Casa de Balboa shape those goals. Absolutely Electric, Inc. has worked in various capacities in the Casa de Balboa building for almost 10 years. Most recently they helped us leverage 3rd party utility funding for lighting and lighting control systems upgrades which allows the building to be less liable for maintenance and operating costs. This in turn helped us to achieve LEED Silver Status. Absolutely Electric, Inc. is consistently able to interpret specific needs and expertly provide that niche with the highest standard of professional service available.
Diep Huynh Facilities Manager, Casa de Balboa
Through three phases (and counting) of design build lighting and controls solutions, Absolutely Electric, Inc. has helped the Casa de Balboa building in San Diego’s Balboa park leverage third party funding opportunities to arrive at a streamlined, modern, code compliant update to a historic San Diego classic.
- Lighting quality dramatically improved
- Lighting control mitigates 24 hour operations and allows lamp lifespan scheduling
- 143,840+kWh of usage reduced annually
- Equal to a 72kW (6,220sq ft) solar system
- Offsets 92 metric tons of CO2 annually
- Equal to 18 homes? annual electrical use
- Equal to 3,596 trees? ability to process CO2
- 14,400+kWh of HVAC cooling offset annually